Today I’m jumping on the bandwagon and writing about the new year of 2013 and all the fun things I have in store. I’ve been searching through fun, new things to sew and try in 2013 and have come up with a list to keep everything organized.
I’m not a fan of New Years Resolutions since they are rarely kept, so I’m not calling this list a list of resolutions, but something to look forward to in 2013. I’m positive the list will evolve and change as the year progresses. 🙂 I’ve broken up the list into two categories: things that involve quilting and fabric sewing and everything else. Hehe.
- Madrona Road Fabric Challenge
- Craftsy Block of the Month 2013 with Laura Nownes (A free Craftsy class!)
- Saving Selvages 2013 (I plan on saving all my selvages in 2013 and then sewing something up at the end of the year with those selvages)
- Practice FMQ and Applique
- Try my hand at smaller projects such as potholders, table runners, coasters, and napkins
- Finish several WIPs (including Modern Mystery Quilt and Shannon’s Quilt)
- Of course there will be several quilts in the making: including a Rag Quilt and a Stash Buster Quilt (to clean out my scraps)
- Organize and re-do the craft/sewing room
- Finish some Cross-Stitch stockings for the Hubs and I
- Many more Pinterest Weekends
- Evolve and improve my website,
- And because life isn’t always all about sewing *gasp*, I would like to revisit my Goodreads profile and be an active reader again
Like I said, I’m sure the list will change as the year progresses, but I look forward to it. I’m not dead set on any one of these items, and many of them are leftovers from 2012, so an evolving list will be welcome. For now, the top priority on my list is the Madrona Road Fabric Challenge. It needs to be finished by the end of January…EEK! I better get on that. 😛
Do you have a list for 2013? Please share it! I’d love to see what everyone else has planned for the new year! Care to join in on any of my projects and plans this year? Let me know, I’d love to see what you come up with!